Appendix No. 3 Scenarios of accommodation in dormitories and other CTU facilities
GENERAL TERMS OF ACCOMMODATION
This document stipulates the rights and obligations of all persons accommodated at the dormitories and other buildings owned by the Czech Technical University in Prague and managed through the Service Facilities Administration of the CTU (hereinafter “SFA CTU”) and further stipulates the status, rights and obligations of SFA CTU as the accommodation provider.
Article I. Establishment of rights and obligations
Each person accommodated at the dormitories and other buildings of SFA CTU shall sign an Agreement of Accommodation by the day dormitory accommodation begins at the latest, on the basis of which mutual rights, obligations and responsibilities are established and on which basis the accommodated person and accommodation provider are bound to these General Terms of Accommodation. In addition to the Agreement of Accommodation and these General Terms of Accommodation, other documents also lay down the rights, obligations and responsibilities of the accommodated person and accommodation provider, and these include the House Rules for individual dormitories, the decrees and instructions of SFA CTU and other regulations issued by SFA CTU. The contractual parties are obliged to abide by all documents relating to accommodation.
Article II. Signing an Agreement of Accommodation
- Applicants for dormitory accommodation shall sign an Agreement of Accommodation with SFA CTU and an Appendix to it regarding property insurance by the date of arrival for accommodation at the latest.
- The following agreement durations apply for Agreements of Accommodation:
- accommodation to the end of the summer semester
- year-round accommodation, i.e. generally until the beginning of September
- long-term accommodation for a fixed period (specific agreement end dates are always determined for each academic year in the documents issued yearly (Accommodation Schedule and Procedures and Rules in Obtaining Dormitory Accommodation).
- SFA CTU also stipulates which specific accommodation places at specific dormitories will be year-round accommodation and which will be accommodation to the end of summer semester.
- SFA CTU may change the start and end date of accommodation of agreements for operational reasons in exceptional cases. The accommodated must be informed of this situatiton in writing of such fact at least 10 working days in advance.
Article III. Methods of paying for accommodation
- Payment of the dormitory fee, the price of accommodation, accommodation services, and other fees is made not later than on the 15th day of the relevant calendar month. Payment is understood to be the crediting of payment into the accommodation provider’s account.
- If the payment of costs according to the previous point does not take place by the 15th day of a standard month at the latest for reasons attributable to the accommodated person the accommodated person is considered a debtor from the subsequent day, including imposing possible sanctions (penalties, paid SMS text message reminders, withdrawal from the Accommodation of Agreement). The costs of penalties, paid SMS text message reminders and handling fees are stipulated in the current pricelist including prices of refunds, energy, insurance, fees, penalties and other charges (the so-called Pricelist of refunds) applicable for the particular academic year. If payment for accommodation services does not take place before the stated deadline, the accommodated person is required to pay the amount due without delay, including related penalties and fees.
- The last calendar month in which the Accommodation of Agreement is in force is an exception in regard to dormitory fee payment when it is not followed by further accommodation from the provider at the dormitory. In this month, a direct debit is not charged to the accommodated person (if the accommodated person pays by direct debit), but they are instead charged for accommodation up to the day they leave the dormitory from their accommodation deposit, and all moneys owed will be resolved including any penalties, return of accommodation deposit, etc. up to the day of departure from the dormitory, or end of accommodation.
- A similar approach is taken in the case of the last calendar month of the validity of the Agreement of Accommodation, when the accommodated person has also reserved accommodation for the subsequent period at the same time. In this month, the accommodated will not be charged a direct debit (if the accommodated pays by direct debit), but will be billed for the accommodation on the day of departure from the dormitory, or to the date of termination of the existing accommodation, whereby the accommodated person will be billed for the accommodation for the given month and all previous monetary claims will be settled, including possible penalties, etc., however, the reservation deposit of CZK 3,500 remains at the disposal of the accommodation provider. The accommodated person is obliged to pay the billed amount on the day of departure from the dormitory, or no later than the date of termination of the current Agreement of Accommodation. In case of delay in payment, the accommodated person is obliged to pay the penalty specified in the current Pricelist of Payments.
- The same procedure is applied in the event of terminating the Accommodation of Agreement by the accommodated person or the accommodation provider, with the date for final settlement of all moneys owed being the day of the accommodated person’s departure from dormitory accommodation and if this date cannot be determined or it is not agreed upon, then the date is the final day of validity of the Accommodation of Agreement according to the termination notice. In the event of payment default, the accommodated person is required to pay the penalty as stipulated in the current Pricelist of Payments by the day validity of the Accommodation of Agreement ends.
- If any overpayment arises from settling the account according to the previous points 4), 5) or 6) of this article, this will be returned via on-line payment gateway (see methods of paying dormitory fees and other payments), this method of making a transaction is only possible within 6 months from the payment being credited to the accommodation provider’s account, and only to the amount of the sum sent via on-line payment gateway.
- The accommodated acknowledge and agree that they are not entitled to any interest on any deposits paid, whether the reservation deposit or the accommodation deposit, or on any other sums paid into the account of the accommodation provider. All and any interest accrued on the reservation deposit or on the accommodation deposit or on other paid sums pertains to the accommodation provider.
Article IV. Rights and obligations of accommodated persons
- The accommodated person is required to pay for insurance according to the valid pricelist issued by the accommodation provider for that particular academic year, and according to the property they have brought to their assigned room, and they must report to the accommodation provider any computer, audiovisual or communication technologies toa value of over 10.000 CZK in accordance with the accommodation provider’s insurance contract. If such items are not reported, the accommodated person is not then entitled to make an insurance claim on them.
- The accommodated person is required to report to the accommodation provider all electrical appliances brought with them, and pay for electricity consumed according to the pricelist on the date dormitory fee payment is made. If the room/unit is equipped with an electricity meter, advance payments for electricity consumption should be paid on the determined date (date of payment of dormitory fee). The accommodated person may not bring with them or use electric hobs or heaters with them which are not installed by the accommodation provider, and nor may they bring with them any electrical appliances which need to be installed and are not installed by the accommodation provider (washing machine, tumble dryer, etc.)
- The accommodated person is required to acquire and show within 30 days from arriving at the dormitory verification issued by an inspection technician in accordance with ČSN 331610, Group E, for all electrical appliances they bring with them that are older than 2 years old, or provide a copy of a receipt and warranty for any appliances to which warranties apply.
- The accommodated person undertakes to observe a ban on smoking in all interior spaces in the dormitory, and also hygiene and fire regulations as displayed at all dormitories.
- The accommodated person is responsible for the cleanliness and tidiness of the room which they use, and they are required to ensure the room is cleaned.
- The accommodated person is not allowed to drill into walls without the consent of the dormitory economic manager.
- The accommodated person is not allowed to repair or make permanent modifications to their room, window, and window-sills, repair blinds, etc. The accommodation provider is not liable for any private furniture taken into the accommodation.
- The accommodated person is not allowed to tamper or otherwise interfere with the building façade and windows.
- The accommodated person is not entitled to arbitrarily change the security insert on the room door or have a copy of the key made.
- On the request of the accommodation provider, the accommodated person is required to prove that they are authorised to be present within the accommodation provider’s accommodation facilities.
- The accommodated person is under obligation to afford access to the room for the purpose of preventive inspection. The resident is informed of the date and time of the inspection a minimum of 5 workdays in advance. In urgent cases, the inspection is carried out in the presence of a student representative without delay; in this case, an entry will be made in the control book.
- The accommodated person is required to make the room available for preventive disinsection no more than twice a year. The room must be properly prepared for the application according to the instructions. The accommodated person must be informed at least 15 working days in advance. In the event of a threat to the health of the accommodated persons, disinsection will be carried out without delay.
- Conclusion of an accommodation agreement does not mean the accommodation provider is giving consent to the accommodation place being set up as the accommodated person’s place of permanent residence.
- Moving to a different room within the same dormitory is possible subject to agreement with the economic manager, and between different dormitories only with the agreement of the economic managers of dormitories. Operational and administrative reasons means that such moves may be made only after the regular arrivals of accommodation and at the earliest on the date specified in the Schedule of Accommodation for the relevant academic year, and only after all applications for accommodation at the dormitories have been satisfied. Requests for a change of dormitory on extraordinary grounds may be satisfied earlier depending on the available capacity at dormitories at that time. The accommodated person move within a dormitory/block a maximum of once a semester. In isolated cases, an accommodated person may move more than once, at their own request and subject to approval by the economic manager.
- The accommodated person is under obligation to move whenever the economic use of dormitory demands as such. Also in the case of emergency situations, reconstruction work, extraordinary crisis situations, and in the interests of the CTU. If, in such cases, the resident does not have another, suitable accommodation place available to them, they may, in exceptional cases, and with justification, terminate the Agreement of Accommodation with an adequate period of notice. Accommodated person must be informed of having to move a minimum of 30 calendar days in advance (save in the case of emergency situations).
- SFA CTU may exceptionally in justified cases decide to move an accommodated person to another accommodation place within the CTU dormitories. Such a decision must be properly justified, and the accommodated person must be informed of the change of accommodation place at least 10 working days in advance.
- If the accommodated person causes damage to the accommodation provider, he is obliged to pay the repair costs in accordance with the Price List of damages.
Article V. Agreement of Accommodation
- The validity of the Agreement of Accommodation expires:
- following the end of the period for which it was agreed;
- due to the termination, suspension or abandonment of studies, expulsion from studies (after appeal proceedings have ended) and due to the student transferring to a different school, unless otherwise agreed; if the accommodated person provides SFA CTU with a confirmation of the termination or suspension of studies (if they are a CTU student and information on the termination or suspension of studies is uploaded in ISKAM4, confirmation is not required) and they terminate accommodation, the accommodated person will be charged for accommodation up to the day of termination of accommodation, and the full amount of their monetary deposit will be returned to them; in the event of the above described situation, the accommodated person is required to inform the economic manager of their dormitory within 3 working days inclusive and agree upon the termination of accommodation, unless the accommodated person and accommodation provider agree otherwise;
- by way of notice of termination of the Agreement of Accommodation by the accommodated person or the accommodation provider;
- through written withdrawal from the Agreement of Accommodation by the accommodation provider;
- through the death of the accommodated person.
- If the accommodated person is interested in prematurely terminating the Agreement of Accommodation (above and beyond the reasons specified above), they must do so not later than 30 calendar days in advance, in that no reason for notice of termination need be stated. Should the accommodated person terminate the Agreement of Accommodation by notice at a later time or not terminate it by notice at all, but end their accommodation at the dormitory, they shall pay a penalty amounting to the reservation deposit. This condition does not apply to the final 30 calendar days of the validity of the Contract for Accommodation. In justified cases, the SFA CTU may grant an exception, subject to the written application to economic manager of the accommodated person.
- Reasons for withdrawing from the Agreement of Accommodation for the accommodation provider:
- the accommodated person offers or lets the accommodation premises to another person,
- the accommodated person repeatedly breaches their obligations arising from the Agreement of Accommodation or from other accommodation documents (for example, these General Terms of Accommodation, Procedures and Rules of Accommodation at SFA CTU dormitories, House Rules, etc.),
- the accommodation person fails to follow the instructions of the accommodation provider or its employees, the resident is in repeated or gross breach of their obligations or good morals or other obligations arising from the accommodation documents of the accommodation provider,
- the accommodated person repeatedly and grossly breaches hygiene regulations for dormitories, tampers with installations of any type or uses prohibited electrical appliances,
- the accommodated person wears or holds firearms, ammunition and explosives at the dormitory (or keeps them there) subject to the current wording of the Act on Firearms and Ammunition, as amended; to prevent any doubt the accommodated person is not entitled to bring or hold a weapon at the dormitory subject to the current wording of the Act on Firearms and Ammunition, as amended, even if they hold a weapon licence,
- the accommodated person harasses or physically attacks another student, accommodated person or accommodation provider employee, attacks them verbally or threatens them,
- the accommodated person holds, makes, retains or otherwise obtains narcotic or psychotropic drugs or poisons within the meaning of the laws in force,
- the accommodated person does not pay for accommodation services or related fees in time and has been in default for longer than 15 days,
- the accommodated person provides untrue, invalid or misleading details in dealing with SFA CTU, including when providing information in applying for accommodation or reserving an accommodation place or when arriving at accommodation (e.g. in the Agreement of Accommodation or in other documents submitted or completed when arriving at the dormitory, etc.),
- the accommodated person does not inform the accommodation provider in accordance with para. 1) b) of this article,
- the accommodated person submits to the accommodation provider an invalid, forged or incomplete confirmation of studies or an invalid or forged copy of a diploma. In such cases, the accommodated person is also required to pay the accommodation provider a penalty to the amount of the reservation deposit,
- the accommodated person makes use of allocated premises or shared areas of the accommodation facility for business purposes without the accommodation provider’s written consent, or they establish a legal entity – business seat or branch at the accommodation provider’s address without prior written consent,
- the accommodated person fails to report an emergency event in time, and does not act according to the instructions of the economic manager in dealing with emergency events (wastepipe blockages, insect, rodent infestations, etc.),
- the accommodated person repeatedly fails to observe personal hygiene rules,
- the accommodated person promotes racial or ethnic hatred or discrimination,
- the accommodated person does not allow other accommodated persons to be accommodated in their room within the accommodation capacity of their room,
- the accommodated person repeatedly harasses other accommodated persons and employees through their actions and behaviour (loud music, other loud behaviour, etc.) despite being previously warned of the fact by the accommodation provider.
- The accommodation provider and accommodated person are obliged to observe the general provisions of Act no. 89/2012 Coll, the Civil Code, as amended, in particular the provisions in Section 1721 et seq., including reasons for withdrawal from the Agreement of Accommodation.
- Withdraw from the Agreement of Accommodation must be is writing and the Agreement of Accommodation is terminated in this case based on the withdrawal of the accommodation provider, on the fifth day following the date of sending written notification of withdrawal from the Agreement of Accommodation to their e-mail address.
- The accommodated person is required to tidy their accommodation rooms and hand them back to the provider in the condition in which they took them over, except for ordinary wear and tear, by the day the Accommodation of Agreement expires during the opening hours of the particular dormitory, unless the parties agree otherwise.
- If the accommodated person has signed an Agreement of Accommodation to the end of the summer holidays, and also has confirmed accommodation reservation for the subsequent academic year in a different room within any CTU dormitory, they must resolve the move to the reserved place prior to the end of the summer holidays with the economic manager of the dormitory where they have confirmed reservation. This move is only possible if the reserved place is available.
- In the event the validity of the Agreement of Accommodation expires and the accommodated person does not properly clean their provided and dedicated accommodation premises in time (also see “check out”), the accommodated person will be required to pay the contractual penalty detailed in the current Pricelist of payments from the day following the determined date; following 14 working days from the determined date for cleaning the accommodation premises, the room may be cleaned by the accommodation provider.
- In the event of a stay of less than 60 calendar days, the accommodated person is required to pay a local fee in accordance with the Act on Local Fees, as amended, unless they are exempt from the obligation to pay the fee (e.g. exempt due to direct participation in education or creative activities at universities, schools or education facilities or according to laws in force). According to regulations, the obligation to pay a fee may also be determined for visitors to the accommodated person.
- If an exceptional situation occurs (e.g. a State of Emergency is declared in the Czech Republic), the accommodation provider may offer an accommodated university student the option of technical accommodation deregistration, for which they receive a discount on dormitory fees. Technical deregistration means that when called upon to do so by the accommodation provider the student applies for technical deregistration within ISKAM4, returns their room key to the dormitory, leaves their personal items at the dormitory and does not physically return to the dormitory for the entire month in question. The Director shall decide upon the level of dormitory fee discount for the month.
Article VI. Protection of personal data
In compliance with the provisions of Art. 13 of the European Parliament and Council (EU) Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016, the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter the “Regulation”), the accommodation provider hereby informs you of the following:
- The accommodated person takes note that the accommodation provider processes the personal data they have voluntarily provided as contained in the accommodation application and in the Agreement of Accommodation for the purposes of and within the scope necessary for providing accommodation.
- The accommodation provider declares that it shall process the personal data contained in the application and in the Agreement of Accommodation only for the purpose of providing accommodation, and in particular during the period the Agreement of Accommodation is in force and following its termination for a maximum period of the 3year limitation period in order to recover any accommodation arrears. Following the end of this limitation period, the accommodation provider shall process only that personal data the processing of which is required by overriding legal regulations.
- The accommodated person is entitled to withdraw their consent to the processing of personal data at any time (if they do so, however, they cannot be provided with accommodation, and the provisions of the previous paragraph) of this article remain unaffected. The accommodated person is also entitled to request access to their personal data, its modification or deletion from the accommodation provider, or else request restrictions to its processing and raise an objection to its processing. They can do this at the filing office or reception of the CTU headquarters, Service Facilities Administration, at the address Vaníčkova 315/7, 160 17 Prague 6. The applicant also has the right of portability of this data for another personal data administrator, and also the right to make a complaint to the Office for Personal Data Protection if they believe that the accommodation provider is in breach of the Regulation in processing their personal data.
- The applicant can find detailed information on the scope and purpose of personal data processing on the accommodation provider’s website https://www.suz.cvut.cz/en/gdpr . The accommodated person agrees with terms and conditions to concern the protection of personal data which they provide in the application for accommodation at the dormitory. These terms and conditions are published in ISKAM4, through which the resident applies for accommodation
Article VII. Final provisions
This document is issued in accordance with other SFA and CTU regulations, and comprises an appendix to the Accommodation Scenario.
doc. RNDr. Vojtěch Petráček, CSc., Rector, CTU in Prague, m.p.
Bc. Michal Vodička, SFA CTU in Prague, m.p.